Fat tire bikes are all the rage these days and for good reason. They provide a smooth, comfortable ride and are perfect for navigating all sorts of terrain. But if you want to get the most out of your electric fat wheel bike, you’ll need more than just the frame. Here are eight essential accessories that every fat tire bike owner needs in their collection.
Essential accessories for every fat tire bicycle owner
- Mudguards- If you’re going to be riding on wet or muddy terrain, mudguards can be a lifesaver. They will help keep you clean while riding and protect your bike from any dirt or debris that could damage it over time.
- Bike Rack- If you plan to transport your bike regularly, consider investing in a quality bike rack that attaches to your vehicle’s hitch receiver. There are many different types of racks available depending on your budget and needs, so make sure to do some research before making a purchase.
- Spare Tubes- Even the best tires aren’t immune to wear and tear over time, so it’s always smart to have at least one spare tube handy in case of an emergency. This is especially true if you plan on taking long rides where help may not be readily available if something goes wrong with your tires.
- Repair Kit- A repair kit is another must-have accessory for any fat tire cyclist who plans to go off the beaten path for extended periods. The kit should include basic tools such as an Allen key set, tire levers, and a pump to make minor repairs if needed without needing help.
- Lights & Reflectors- If you plan on riding at night or in low-light conditions, it’s important to equip your bike with lights and reflectors so that other drivers can see where you’re coming from and avoid potential collisions with other vehicles or cyclists on the road.
- Water Bottle & Cage- Staying hydrated is essential no matter what type of ride you’re embarking upon, so make sure to invest in a quality water bottle—preferably one made from stainless steel—and a cage to store it securely while riding (or two cages if storing two bottles).
- Helmet- Last but certainly not least is the ever-important cycling helmet! No matter how short or long your ride will be, always put safety first by wearing a properly fitting bicycle helmet at all times when cycling outdoors!
- Lock & Chain- Finally, if you plan on leaving your bike unattended for extended periods (such as when stopping for lunch), invest in a quality lock and chain combination, so thieves don’t get their hands on it.
Whether you’re just getting into fat tire biking or have been riding them for years now, investing in these eight key accessories will help ensure that every ride is safe and enjoyable. It doesn’t matter what kind of terrain lies ahead. So go ahead and pick up these items today; you won’t regret it.